TokenMarketing was hired by Nimiq, a relatively new browser-based blockchain project focused on delivering an easy-to-use decentralized payment protocol and ecosystem. Nimiq had experiences of questionable value with marketing in the past, so they were particularly skeptical when it came to hiring a new external agency. We understood Nimiq’s concerns and proposed a content-driven approach and what we would like to call ‘marketing with substance’. The TokenMarketing Team has won Nimiq’s trust over months of hard-work, execution and excellent communication.
Here’s What We Are Doing
- Creating 10,000+ words of engaging content that the crypto community actually wants to read and incorporating natural Nimiq mentions.
- Distributing and placing content through our extensive network of crypto websites including highly rated crypto publications like CCN.com and DailyHODL.com.
- Nimiq blog management.
- Press releases.
- Minute taking for the monthly Nimiq Community Funding meeting and creating a meeting summary to share with the community.
- Monthly strategic consultancy document, which proposes areas and methodologies to increase the utility and adoption of Nimiq, strategic insights, partnership recommendations and more.
- YouTube influencer outreach to gain project exposure through organizing Nimiq Ledger giveaways & onboarding YouTubers to participate in Nimiq-based challenges.
- Emergency press release – In November 2018 Nimiq’s old ERC-20 token (NET) was approaching the end of its life and holders were running out of time to activate their new mainnet tokens. To spread the word we quickly ran a Cision press release and further distributed the release on 9 high-quality crypto publications with a total of 3.1 million organic traffic per month.
How We Work
TokenMarketing.io understands that there is nothing more frustrating than needing your marketing team to create content for an important announcement only to find out that you’ll have to wait till Monday. The cryptocurrency market and project teams never sleep and we believe that a marketing agency should do the same. That’s why we:
- Communicate with Nimiq Team members at any time via Whatsapp & Telegram.
- Have attended important meetings at 3 AM local time.
- Rigorously meet or over-deliver when it comes to timelines for deliverables.
Content Approach & Strategy
You could have the best tech in the world but people still need to hear about it for your project to increase adoption. Our core strategy is to create excellent content that frames Nimiq naturally and place this on some of the biggest and highest authority publications in crypto and fin-tech. Another key benefit of this approach is that by linking Nimiq.com in every article, we pass on SEO benefits to the domain too.
Examples of Nimiq featured article content:
- Costa Rica: A Rising Crypto Paradise? – https://ambcrypto.com/costa-rica-a-rising-crypto-paradise/
- Crypto Adoption: New Ambitious Academic Plan Turns To Scientific Methods – https://dailyhodl.com/2019/01/07/crypto-adoption-new-ambitious-academic-plan-turns-to-scientific-methods/
- Top 5 Cryptocurrencies To Watch In 2019 – https://cryptoncy.net/buzz/top-5-cryptocurrencies-to-watch-in-2019-124.html
The project has commissioned Nimiq branded Ledgers and we saw an opportunity to leverage these to increase Nimiq exposure through running giveaways with crypto influencers on YouTube.
We drew up a list of target YouTubers and launched a highly targeted outreach campaign. The aim was reaching out to influencers who would be genuinely interested in Nimiq and wouldn’t command paid for marketing fees.
Examples of Nimiq Ledger giveaway content:
- Nimiq Ledger Nano S Giveaway – Huge Novachain Update! – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8oCFKdOtOQ
- BitBoy Crypto – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKhtwJZSWBg&t=192s
We have also created a unique content concept to showcase Nimiq and have onboarded YouTubers such as Bitboy Crypto, Crypto Love and Crypto Crow.
Nimiq decided they needed a little help with managing their Medium blog. We regularly contribute to Nimiq’s official blog and shoulder some of that burden so the team can focus additional efforts on development.
Examples of Nimiq blog posts:
- Nimiq Wants to Support You! – https://medium.com/nimiq-network/nimiq-wants-to-support-you-and-your-project-c518c57cebba
- Nimiq & Totalcrypto.io – https://medium.com/nimiq-network/nimiq-totalcrypto-io-cdfef4e22804
- Community Project Funding – https://medium.com/nimiq-network/community-project-funding-3e9f9eab76e7
Identifying Merchant Adoption Targets
As part of our consultancy work for Nimiq, we were keen to leverage the Team’s new Woocommerce payment gateway and increase the adoption of the Nimiq payment system. Our plan was simple: create a list of merchant targets that already accept altcoins as a payment method and run a targetted outreach campaign.
- Exposure on over thirty-five highly respected cryptocurrency websites.
- Six bespoke articles for the official Nimiq blog.
- Engagement with over 1M cryptocurrency supporters through channels such as website content, Nimiq’s official blog, and social media.
- Three press releases which also complied with guidelines set out by Nimiq’s legal counsel.
- We have identified Nimiq’s Twitchbot as an element of the ecosystem that can be leveraged to increase exposure and adoption. We have also onboarded YouTube influencers with 180k+ subscribers to use the bot and donate NIM to random Twitch streams.
- Recommendations from our advisory services have been implemented to help further Nimiq’s business development, varying from exchange listing recommendations to developing a detailed plan to expand Nimiq adoption in the gaming market (which we are executing right now). Nimiq have also built upon our roadmap for crypto adoption and are now working on a crypto adoption initiative.